Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Looking to Buy a Bike in Vientiane

Posted by pranaman on 1/7/2012 at 22:09

Hi,

I am renting a house in Sisavat Village, a little north of the main city center. I am renting a one-geared bike from PVO, the Vientnamese bike rental place by the Mekon/near Wat Mixay. It's been almost 2 month, so it's adding up at 7000 kip/day.

I would rather buy one. Prefer one with straight handlebars, road tires, multiple gears, like this one: www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/town/recreation/hybrid/7100/#.

Budget is around $100. I am 6 feet tall/1.8 meters. Used is fine.

Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive one like that for a tall guy like me?

#1 pranaman has been a member since 1/7/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by DanRees on 11/7/2012 at 05:48

hey,

I have just come back from motorbiking through laos, but i came across the boarder from vietnam. Im 6ft tall and was riding a honda win, 115cc with my girlfriend on the back. wasnt a big bike in western terms but was one of the biggest we could find at the time. I traveled with a guy who brought a bike in Vientiane, he got his from a hostel (same bike as i had). i would suggest going around all the hostels,hotels,backpackers and see what there is. there will be someone coming through looking to sell a bike!

good luck

#2 DanRees has been a member since 11/7/2012. Posts: 3
 Send DanRees a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 12/7/2012 at 13:55

^^I think pranaman is looking for a bicycle not a motorbike.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.