Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang: Excursions

Posted by SteinOfOrange on 26/4/2007 at 09:23

I am in Luang for 4 days, having just flown in from Hanoi. Yesterday, I booked a 65$(usd)two day excursion with the White Elephant Co., mainly because I wanted to support the Canadian founded business. I packed my bags this morning and hiked down to the W.Elephants place. Surprise! No tour. The other two people had canceled out. It took the person at the desk maybe ten minutes before he finally admitted it; he was hoping I would go on the one day excursion. Not. I did get a refund very easily. Then I went door to door only to find no company had anything for 2 days. I finally caved in and went down to Tiger Trails, the most popular of companies (mainly another reason I went to them last, lol). They "claim" to have a two day for the next day, at $90. We shall see. Now I am stuck here with nothing to do today. Don't take that statement to literal, Luang Prabang is quite nice.

#1 SteinOfOrange has been a member since 14/3/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.