Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Spiked in Vien Vang

Posted by lylzezane01 on 4/9/2012 at 23:40

Earlier this year I went tubing with a few friends. Half of us got our drinks spiked- one girl got hit so bad by it, that she was paralysed and doesnt recall a thing from the night. We ended up carrying on with about 15 people, some of which had been there for a few days prior. All of them bar 1 had been spiked- including guys!

Just be careful!

Also check out

#1 lylzezane01 has been a member since 3/9/2012. Location: Australia. Posts: 20
 Send lylzezane01 a private message 

Posted by Rufus on 5/9/2012 at 19:15

Sounds drunk to me, not spiked.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 974
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by exacto on 5/9/2012 at 21:50

it could be drunk, but it could be spiked. bad things happen in laos too. i've only been mugged one time in my entire life, and it was in vientiane. and i wasn't drunk!

this kind of thing could happen anywhere of course, and it seems wise to be careful wherever you go and particularly when you are travelling. but before Rufus gets too agitated with me, i'd like to point out that even with the mugging, i still feel safer in laos than almost anywhere else i've ever been. cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Rufus on 6/9/2012 at 03:10

There were some drink spiking cases in Bor Pen Nyang a few years ago Exacto. This case sounds like they were all blotto though.

#4 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 974
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 6/9/2012 at 05:08

I had a drink spiked in Mukdahan once. A very unpleasant event, but fortunately with no lasting consequences.

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 6/9/2012 at 20:17

So has nobody any idea why drinks were spiked in any of these cases.Rape and robbery can be discounted so was it just some idiot on a power trip? It's a nasty,cowardly act with the chances pf getting caught virtualy zero. I've had personal experience of 'picking up the pieces' of someones life, someone already experiencing mental illness who wad spiked.I like life peaceful but I made a promise to myself that if I ever caught anyone doing this I would ensure they had a large hospitable bill and an extended and painful recovery period.

#6 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.