Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Flight between Vientiane and Luang Prabang

Posted by bubbl3s on 17/9/2012 at 23:31

Hi,

I will be going to Vientiane on 25th October and I'm thinking of taking flight to Luang Prabang. Does anyone know if I can buy last minute air ticket at the airport? And whether the flight is always full and should be booked in advanced?

I'm flying Air Asia into Vientiane and they have already changed my departure date once. I'm afraid they might change it again and if I bought the Vientiane-Luang Prabang flight in advanced, the ticket will go to waste.

#1 bubbl3s has been a member since 17/9/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/9/2012 at 21:59 admin

Assuming there are seats available you can buy a ticket at the airport, but that will probably be the most expensive way to do it. I'd buy the ticket and, hope travel insurance will cover you should AirAsia change the date again.

Odd they changed the date - I fly them all the time and I've never had that happen - did thay say why?

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by bubbl3s on 21/9/2012 at 04:23

Thanks for the advice. I have bought the return tickets online for $168.40. Under the Fare Condition, it is stated that RESTRICTION: VALID ON QV OPERATING/FLIGHT DATE SHOWN ONLY.
I guess that means that it's possible to take the next flight if my AirAsia flight is delayed.

AirAsia just sent me an sms notification and email stating the new departure date, which is exactly one day later. No further explanations.

Hopefully all goes well. :) Am looking forward to my maiden trip to Laos.

#3 bubbl3s has been a member since 17/9/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by enday on 22/9/2012 at 07:11

You'll love it!

#4 enday has been a member since 12/9/2012. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.