Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Best Area to Stay in Luang Prabang

Posted by melig on 2/4/2013 at 19:42

What area is best to stay in Luang Prabang? We would like to be in walking distance of the main sites and shops. A view of the river would be nice. The area needs to be safe. Are there any hotels you recommend?

Thank you!

#1 melig has been a member since 22/3/2013. Posts: 8

Posted by JaiYen88 on 4/4/2013 at 21:14

I don't think there are any unsafe areas in LP. Just don't walk down any dark alleys, drunk and/or alone, carrying lots of money.

Kingkitsarath Road is very quiet, has some nice places to stay that are cheap, and is located about 7 min walk from the main street where the night market and restaurants etc. are. Have a look at Sita Norasingh Guesthouse, it's cheap and friendly and spotlessly clean.

If you want a view of the Mekong you can look for something on Khem Kong Road, although I don't know the names of any hotels there.

#2 JaiYen88 has been a member since 25/4/2012. Posts: 110
 Send JaiYen88 a private message 

Posted by daawgon on 5/4/2013 at 08:58

I've stayed twice in the Wat Mai/Night Market area - can't get much more convenient than this. What's your price range? Manichan Guesthouse is very clean with an excellent breakfast - the owner is a chef.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,129
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.