Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

South Laos in July

Posted by Sissi71 on 6/4/2013 at 02:38

Hello everybody,

After visiting Angkor I will fly to Pakse and would like to visit the south and Boloven by my own. I have several questions :

Is it possible to get a visa at Pakse airport ?

What about the weather in July in this part of the country ? Does it frequently rain ? or is it a downpour time to time ?

I would like to rent a motorbike and visit myself. Do I need an international licence ? are the road pretty good even
when it is wet ?

Thank you for all your comments.

#1 Sissi71 has been a member since 6/4/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 6/4/2013 at 10:38

Visa on arrival at Pakse airport yes

July is mid rainy season, but actual weather is unpredictable. Could rain cats and dogs, could be sunny and hot. Rains tend to arrive late-day in hard short bursts, but no guarantees. The river will be running high and waterfalls at their peak.

Technically you need an IDP to rent/ride a motorbike, but no one checks. I've rented plenty of times in Laos and never asked to show a license. When cops have stopped me they asked to see my passport. Just don't crash.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.