We're seeking a hotel for a week in Luang Prabang in February. We're hoping for somewhere which:
1. preferably has a building with traditional character - old rather than new.
2. a comfortable room for 2 people with private bathroom.
3. quiet neighbourhood with greenery but in easy walking distance of the beautiful parts of Luang Prabang
4. moderate price. Not seeking anywhere glitzy or plush or with lots of services. Not seeking TV etc.
5. Very important - we want to book long in advance & seek somewhere with e-mail, where we can get a response from a human, not just on-line booking.
6. As an extra, it would be nice to get picked up at Luang Prabang airport.
A small family-run hotel in an old house would suit us fine.
I'd be really grateful to hear of any hotels which fit most of the above. Even better with their e-mail address!
#1 EdwardTrunk has been a member since 7/9/2013. Posts: 35
I think this place might be perfect for you: http://sitanorasingh.com/
It's popular for a reason and the price is pretty amazing considering how clean and well maintained the place is. Mr Adisack, the owner, is very helpful and should respond to your email. email@example.com
Ask for one of the upstairs rooms built in the original wooden colonial style (I think they are slightly more expensive, but nicer).
#2 JaiYen88 has been a member since 25/4/2012. Posts: 110
I really liked Manichan Guesthouse close to the Wet Market and Wat Mai - most convenient area of LP/close to the Mekong. The owner is Belgian (married to a Lao lady w/kids), and he's also a chef (simply awesome breakfasts at the communal table).
#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,113
Thanks very much for those 2 helpful items of info, which I've followed up.
#4 EdwardTrunk has been a member since 7/9/2013. Posts: 35
I really liked Rattana guesthouse. A good location and it is a super friendly family run place. Not sure how old it is though.. Next time I'm in L.P. I will definitely stay there. Worth a look for sure. Very good prices too.
#5 novagorilla has been a member since 25/2/2013. Posts: 7