Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Booking flights Lao Airlines

Posted by JenDVM on 27/9/2007 at 04:54

Does anyone know if it's OK to wait to book flights after arrival in Laos? I'll be there in mid-October.

If booking beforehand is advisable, what's the best way to do it?

Getting lots of great info from TravelFish!

#1 JenDVM has been a member since 20/8/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by exacto on 27/9/2007 at 05:19

Hey Jen,

I've always booked my Lao Airlines flights after I've arrived in country and never had trouble getting the dates and times I've needed. Having said that, there are more and more backpackers in Laos all the time, meaning there may be more people looking to fly now too.

Certain flights and routes are more common that others too. For example, there are several daily flights from Luang Prabang to Vientiane and return, but some routes only have flights a few days or even one day per weeek.

If you don't necessarily need to fly on a certain day and time, then you'll have a better chance finding a suitable flight once you arrive. If your itinerary is tight and you need to travel at a specific time, you'll do well to book ahead.

Either way, I'd suggest you check out the Lao Airways website to see if there are many, a few, or no flights to where you are going when you need them, to help you make your decision. Good luck. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by JenDVM on 27/9/2007 at 05:34

Many Thanks !

#3 JenDVM has been a member since 20/8/2007. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.