Text page

Laos

Laos forum

10-14 Days In Laos - Itinerary Help

Posted by ljp on 31/8/2014 at 23:18

Good morning - I've been travelling Thailand/Cambodia and Vietnam for just over a month now (and love it!), and in about a week I will be heading to Laos, however, I am a bit unsure of how best to organise my travel there.

I will be arriving via the Tay Trang border crossing (As I will be coming from Sapa/the northwest region) - which I think is both a blessing and a curse for my planning. There doesn't seem to be many tourist hotspots in the northeast of Laos - good as it's nice to get off the beaten track but not so good - I don't know where I should go in that area!

Having spent some time heading West from this border crossing, I would like to do the tourist hotspots of VV, LP and slow boat to Huay Xai before heading into northern Thailand. So really, any advice on a sensible itinarary which takes me from Tay Trang border crossing to Huay Xai in 10-14 days would be great! On a map, VV and below looks very far out of the way, especially with Laos transport not being the best, would I be better not going this far south and sticking to the north?

From the trip in total I am quite adventurous, so any possibilities for trekking, kayaking, climbing etc. would be great whilst also going to a few off the beaten track places. I have heard very bad reports of the buses, especially this time of year, how bad are they? Thus far, I have used buses for all of cambodia and vietnam and been fine, are they significantly worse?

#1 ljp has been a member since 6/7/2014. Posts: 3

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.