Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

3 weeks in Laos and Cambodia in August 2015-itinerary revision please?

Posted by ieskinja on 8/6/2015 at 02:49

Dear travellers,

In a nutshell, I' m planning next itinerary. Fly to Bangkok (been in Thailand before) in end of July, and then take a flight to Luang Prabang. Spend few days in LP, both in town itself and some trekking/kayaking/cycling around, perhaps trough some local travel agency (Tiger Trail, Green Discovery?). I want to combine both Northern and Southern Laos so, to save time, I plan to take a flight to Pakse and then spend few days trekking in that area.

Afterwards, I wish to move to Cambodia, to Siem Reap and Angkor W. (bus via Pakse to Siem), and the head to Koh Rong for a few days. One obvious question is how big risk (rain all day?) is going to Koh Rong in a middle of August? Nevertheless, after Koh Rong, plan is to pop up to Phnom Phen, a day or two max, and then fly back to Bangkok.

I would probably come out with some more detailed questions, but for now would gratefully appreciate any general opinions, advices and/or critics of this itinerary by fellow travelers.

Thanks in advance!!!

#1 ieskinja has been a member since 8/6/2015. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.