Text page

Laos

Laos forum

Peeping Tom Sayo Xieng Mouane guesthouse in Luang Prabang

Posted by Thomasoreilly on 31/8/2015 at 09:25

We don't normally write reviews, good or bad, but our experience here was horrifying. Myself and my wife stayed here for 2 nights and on the 3rd night we caught the manager peeping on us being intimate. When we were checking in we were shown a room, however when we were getting the keys, the manager promptly moved us to another room, saying that the air conditioner was better in the new room. We thought nothing of it and even thanked him. After catching him peeping on us, we realised he moved us there for a reason. The room was ground level at the end of a terrace, with a window on the end wall, this had a shutter, which was locked on the inside (I checked this when we were settling in). After catching him, I checked it, and it was open, upon further investigation I realised it could easily be wiggled open from the outside. Hence, I believe, why he moved us. We feel completely violated and don't know how much else he saw over the first couple of days we were there, we are on our honeymoon and this has made us disgusted. We wanted to report it to the police but were afraid of the rumoured police corruption and small size of Luang Prabang, and possible retaliation of any kind from the manager. We promptly left and found a place to stay as far from Sayo as we could, and left Laos the next morning. We will be emailing the hotel and trying to get in contact with the owner to get this rectified, we feel the manager should at least be fired, and we would like to see the window blocked up, he was seemingly away when we asked to speak with him at the time. We understand this may be just one member of staff, but there could be others. We only want others to know so they don't book there and have the same disgusting act happen unknowingly to them. It had tarred our honeymoon and every room we're now in we feel paranoid.

#1 Thomasoreilly has been a member since 31/8/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by mixxat on 1/9/2015 at 11:46

Haha good for you :D
Maybe you learn something :)

#2 mixxat has been a member since 29/4/2012. Location: Other. Posts: 42

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.