Text page

Laos

Laos forum

Visa for Laos

Posted by kevinhaz on 19/11/2015 at 06:38

Hello,

I am a uk passport holder and have been advised that it is not worth bothering to get a visa for Laos because it is easy enough to get one at the airport in Luang Probang.

Is this correct ??

Kindest Regards

Kevin

#1 kevinhaz has been a member since 22/10/2015. Posts: 3

Posted by exacto on 19/11/2015 at 13:15

Kevin,

Visa on arrival is pretty standand anymore for entry to Laos at international checkpoints, including Luang Prabang airport. I'm a US passport holder and obtained visa on arrival there twice. There is a short form to fill out (it always helps to have a pen with you). You'll need to pay the $30 to $35 visa on arrival application fee, and have at least one passport-sized photo to submit with your application. Many Lao checkpoints also charge a $1 after-hours fee if you arrive late or on the weekend. US dollars are preferred for the visa application fee, at least the last time I did it, so best to have $US for this if you can. I've seen folks pay in other currencies, but usually at really awful exchange rates.

There is good information on visas and border crossing on Travelfish. Have a look around. It may help you with this and the Vietnam question you've posted on the other thread too. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,840

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.