Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Bus Transportation Schedule

Posted by tcseong9 on 18/11/2007 at 16:42

Would like to get some info in bus travel schedule between Vientiane, Luang Prabang & Phonsavan.
Also, is there any night travel bus between these towns and is it advisable to travel with it??

#1 tcseong9 has been a member since 18/11/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by exacto on 19/11/2007 at 06:05

Hi Gavius,

I'm not sure this is the right place for this post, but I'll try to help anyway as best I can.

Most buses in Laos depart fairly early in the morning and from what I've seen, most people only book their ticket a day or two in advance if even that far. You should be able to get any guesthouse or travel agent to help you sort out the specifics once you arrive in Laos.

I'm not aware of any night bus travel between those places and given the terrain and the conditions of the roads I absolutely would not recommend taking a night bus. If time is an issue, look into flying part of the way instead. Regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by somsai on 26/3/2008 at 06:46

If you copy and paste this
onto your browser there is a fairly good schedule.
As you can see many departures at different times of day Luang Prabang to Vientiane. Also many night busses on that route due to origination further north, but not in reverse. I've taken them often as a way to bypass Luang Prabang which I don't care for. Also it turns a long 2 or 3 day trip to or from the north into one long one.

To buy a ticket, go to the station and hour or more early.

#3 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.