Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

1week from DBP to Bangkok

Posted by opreabgdn on 21/1/2016 at 05:39

Hi guys,

I have one week from Dien Bien Phu to get to Bangkok. A have a flight back Europe from Bangkok.
I read a lot about all the alternatives I have, and most suitable for me it seems to be the following journey:

-> Muang Khua
-> Phongsali
-> Luang Prabang
-> Vientiane

From Vientiane I would take the train to bangkok (11 hours).
I dont know exactly how many nights to spend in every location. I would also like to know a local guide in Muang Khua and also in Phongsali for taking a trekk to the tribes around.
Is it worthy to spend more than one night in Muang Khua? I mean to take a trekking there and sleep a night in a village?

Thanks everyone

#1 opreabgdn has been a member since 21/1/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by adrianlopez on 19/2/2016 at 21:36

Sunset or elephant trekking from nothern of Luang Prang(2days). When do you want to travel?

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Wilken on 20/2/2016 at 17:47

For one week that seems to be way two much. It takes at least one day to get from Muang Khua to Phongsali and more like two days from Phongsali to Luang Prabang . The roads aren't really good.

I'm not sure if the possibility to go by slowboat from Muang Khua to Phongsali still exists because I read that they built dams long this river.

You should probably skip Phongsali and head directly to Luang Prabang or check out Nong Kiaow.

#3 Wilken has been a member since 20/2/2016. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.