Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

South - north or North South, Advices needed

Posted by hhmarita on 1/2/2016 at 15:17

Hey, I am planning to visit Laos in February for 3 weeks (I do have 4 weeks but may need a week on some beach at the end). I arrive in Kuala Lumpur and will continue from there. As I really need to "chill" for the first week, I wonder if I should rather start in the south (4000 islands) or Luang Prabang. So it is either North to South or South to North. And as I am arriving in KL it is also a question of flying to Chiang Rai or Bangkok. Which way is more stressfull? I really need to relax.
Thanks in advance and happy travels

#1 hhmarita has been a member since 1/2/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 2/2/2016 at 01:26

From KL the only direct flight is to Vientiane on Air Asia, and you can also hop a quick flight from there to Luang Prabang same day. Better hurry though as most of those Air Asia flights are selling out for this month already. Otherwise fly into Bangkok and then either Luang Prabang or Pakse. This could determine weather you start in the north or south. Otherwise it makes little difference, and easy to relax in LP or the 4000 Islands to start off your trip.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,951

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.