Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Travel with old forks

Posted by Jasumin on 3/3/2016 at 20:47

Hi ,
May I check it's suitable to travel with old forks to Laos?

BR,
Jasmine

#1 Jasumin has been a member since 3/3/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/3/2016 at 21:08 admin

Do you mean old folks or aged cutlery?! In either case, Laos is fine for them.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,972
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by exacto on 5/3/2016 at 14:27

I think a spoon or even a pair of chopsticks might be more appropriate for noodle soup and other Lao dishes, but old forks will still be useful. I wind up eating most Isan-Lao style dishes with my hands.
That being said, in my experience, southeast Asian culture, including Laos, seems to cherish old folks easily as much or more than western cultures. The only concerns I would have about travelling with the elderly in Laos is mobility, as sidewalks, stairs, and other places you would walk won't necessarily be as uniform as in the west.
I hope that helps. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.