Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laos by motorbike

Posted by Estherr22 on 9/3/2016 at 03:00

Hi guys!
I'm planning a trip with my bf to Laos this summer, we would have 4 weeks. We will probably arrive in Bangkok.
We would like to get ourselves a motorbike preferably in luang prabang, then drive down to Vientiane, and then all the way down to the Cambodian border. Of course some nice stops in between. Ideally we would then go to Cambodia siem reap and south to the sea.
Do you think this would be possible with a motorbike in 4 weeks. And what would you think is the best option of getting one? And I've read it's difficult to cross the border with a motor, do you have any recommendations for that?
Any more tips are always welcome! Thanks a lot!:)

#1 Estherr22 has been a member since 9/3/2016. Posts: 1

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by adrianlopez on 9/3/2016 at 03:24

You can travel by motobike but you have to license
Happy travel!

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by MarilynR on 21/3/2016 at 04:16

Hi Esther22,

I just spend five weeks traveling from the south of Laos (Pakse/four thousand Islands) to the north of Laos (Huay Xai) by local transport and I also did two motorloops at Bolaven and The loop. I don't have any advice on where to rent a motorbike, I rented one in every town but just for a few days.

Four weeks seems like not enough time to travel, it's a long way and the roads aren't in an ideal condition most of the way. I would cut your trip, else all your time will be on your motorbike. But maybe that is what you want ;-)

You can check out my blogs with info on all the places we visited at: http://www.triparoundtheworld.org/en/category/laos/

#3 MarilynR has been a member since 21/3/2016. Posts: 6
 Send MarilynR a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.