Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

How to travel from Vientiane to Siem Reap

Posted by shwemoe on 25/3/2016 at 05:49

Hello, I am from Myanmar and traveling in the April new year time with this route of "Yangon-Myawadi-Mae Sot-Nong Khai- Vientiane - Siem Reap " (then fly from Siem Reap to Bangkok which is the easy part, then fly back to Yangon).

Now I am stuck in looking for the information of how to travel from Vientiane to Siem Reap. And even get to the point of worried as my travel time is the new year time for both Loas and Camboida.

Can anyone share the info of how to if you happen to know, thanks!

#1 shwemoe has been a member since 25/3/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by edwardrainny on 25/3/2016 at 21:43

From VN to LP, not so sure that you can get a direct bus, and have to change at Vang Vieng. It's a well trodden route, and most people stop at VV for a night or three. It's very scenic there, with lots of activities to keep you happy.

Bus from VN to VV takes about 4 hours, and most of the ride is quite boring. But the 6 or 7 hour bus trip from VV to LP is quite exhilarating.

You can fly from LP to SR, not exactly inexpensive though.

#2 edwardrainny has been a member since 5/1/2016. Posts: 12

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Captain_Bob on 26/3/2016 at 05:25

VTE-REP Lao Airlines but book it soon/now for any remaining seats during New Year.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.