Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

motorbike trip route help

Posted by craigyyz on 28/4/2016 at 18:35

Hi, I found a place in Luang Namtha that rents motorbikes with a drop off option in either Luang Prabang or VTE. I plan on riding for about 12 days and I'd appreciate help with an itinerary and whether I should go all the way to VTE or stop in LP. I plan on a very modest pace and would like to ride about 3-5 hours daily (in the morning). Looking at the map I'm thinking of this route:

Luang Namtha - Oudam Xay - Nong Kiew - east from NK looping around highway 1C to Phonsavan - Phou Khoun - Luang Prabang. If I took this route I would plan to get to LP by about day 8 or 9 and then have 3 days or so to do day trips in the LP area.

Alternatively I could stretch out my route to VTE, though it is not really on my list.

One other consideration is that from either LP or VTE I will be exiting Laos and heading to either Siem Reap or PP (by air). Not sure if I will have better options for this in VTE?

Looking for suggestions/ideas....thanks

#1 craigyyz has been a member since 10/4/2016. Posts: 5

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.