Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Best time for the gibbon experience

Posted by Linda56 on 10/5/2016 at 22:39

hi, I'm wondering when is the best time of year to do the gibbon experience. I have holidays in October and thought as I'm in Krabi it might be worth going, but realised its wet season. Has anyone been at this time and can tell me more.
Minnie.

#1 Linda56 has been a member since 6/2/2016. Posts: 3

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/5/2016 at 21:48 admin

While I've not been to the Gibbon Experience in October, that is towards the end of the wet season, so I wouldn't expect it to be too bad. Muddy on the walk in, yes. Some rain, yes. But I wouldn't not go on account of the season.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,011
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Linda56 on 15/5/2016 at 03:33

Thanks for your advice...I will reconsider as it sounds an amazing experience to not miss

#3 Linda56 has been a member since 6/2/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by Enrique51 on 28/6/2016 at 14:53

Hello I am new on this forum, and I am not sure if this is the right place for my question.
I want to visit the Gibon Experience next January and my plane from Europe lands in Hanoi. I can't find a plane to huaxay or near it. Some one can help me with the easiest way to get there?

Thank you in advance,

Enrique From Tenerife

#4 Enrique51 has been a member since 14/4/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 29/6/2016 at 00:37

There is an airport in Huay Xai but it is very small and currently only takes flights 4 times a week from Vientiane with small aircraft. Otherwise fly Hanoi to Luang Prabang then take a bus or slow boat to Huay Xai.

See http://www.laoairlines.com and http://www.laoskyway.com

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 1/7/2016 at 22:25

The best time to do gibbon experiences is between November to April, because this is dry season in Laos.

#6 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71
 Send YogaSearcherBali a private message   Website   Facebook    Instagram 

Posted by Linda56 on 1/7/2016 at 22:30

Thank you everyone for your comments. I am deferring my trip until Feb 16 so will be able to undertake the gibbon experience in the dry season.

#7 Linda56 has been a member since 6/2/2016. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.