Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

North Thailand to Laos

Posted by Inbar96 on 29/1/2017 at 23:17

Hi,

I'm planning cross from north Thailand (Chang Rai) to Laos.

At Laos, I would like to start from the north, trough the middle and then the 4000 island and cross to Cambodia.

I know there is a transfer from XH at laos to Luang provang, but first I want to visit luang Namath, and from there move to Moang Nagui-Luang Pravang and go south Laos.

There is someone who did it and can help me??

#1 Inbar96 has been a member since 29/1/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 30/1/2017 at 03:15

Check out http://www.hobomaps.com click on "Travel Info" for each of your destinations, which will give you bus schedules and general guidance. Take it day by day, Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong, cross the bridge, Lao visa on arrival, bus to Luang Namtha (good place to rent bicycle and tour the mostly flat terrain), bus to Oudomxai then connect to Pak Mong - Nong Khiew and Muang Ngoi (by river boat) and downwards to Luang Prabang , etc. Easy just take it slow. Luang Prabang south toward Vang Vieng is especially pretty up and over the mountain pass.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.