Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Accomodation arrangement in March

Posted by shumium on 28/12/2007 at 14:31

My husband and I am planning to visit Luang Prabang/Vang Vieng/Vientiane in March 2008. Will there be a lot of travellers during that period? Do I have to make advance accomodation booking beforehand? We are planning to join the trekking tour in Luang Prabang and that's I don't want to book any rooms right now.

#1 shumium has been a member since 28/12/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by exacto on 28/12/2007 at 23:06

Hi Shumium,

You should be fine without reservations. Typically you'll only need reservations during the very peak travel periods, like around New Year's Eve or the Songkran holiday in mid-April. Other than that, you should be okay without, although sometimes I like to book the first night in a new country in advance, just so I don't have to worry if my flights are significantly delayed. But the places you'll be visiting have heaps of rooms.

There are two feature articles on Travelfish you might like to read for additional details and suggestions on exactly your questions. They are the Accommodation Guide for Luang Prabang and another article on Reservations for your Holiday. Good reads.

Have fun. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,686
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by shumium on 29/12/2007 at 02:46

Hi exacto,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. We will definitely book the first couple of nights there in advance. Since we will be going there in March, does it mean we will miss out on the waterfalls or kayaking/tubing experience due to low water level? Will there be less trekking tours available since it is not the peak travel months?

Thanks again.

#3 shumium has been a member since 28/12/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/12/2007 at 09:41 admin

For trekking you should be fine, but some of the waterfalls will be lower because you're there at the tail end of dry season.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.