1. Is the Laos visa on arrival available at Chong Mek? I'm finding conflicting info about it.
2. Are day tour packages available at guesthouses in Laos? It seems like there are many places that are not easy to get to without your own transporation. And I don't drive a motorbike. Roughly how much are those tours cost?
#1 panda27 has been a member since 27/12/2007. Posts: 1
1) Last I heard, yes.
2) Out of Pakse some of the more proactive guesthouses, eg Sabaidy 2, offer tuk tuk tours to sights all over the province. Costs are around the $10/day but it greatly depends on what the tour entails.
#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
Send somtam2000 a private message Where has somtam2000 been? Website Twitter Facebook Flickr Google+ Instagram Pinterest
1. Yes it is. I did it 3 weeks ago. Make sure to bring Dollars. Otherwise you have to pay in Baht with a very bad Exchangerate (costs you 10 $ extra ...)
2. There are trips from 1-3 Days available easily at the Travelagencys in Pakse. Prices start at 15 $, depending on how many people they get.
#3 Antaro has been a member since 13/1/2008. Posts: 8