Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laos Visa at Chong Mek / Day tour packages at Guesthouses

Posted by panda27 on 3/1/2008 at 01:28

1. Is the Laos visa on arrival available at Chong Mek? I'm finding conflicting info about it.

2. Are day tour packages available at guesthouses in Laos? It seems like there are many places that are not easy to get to without your own transporation. And I don't drive a motorbike. Roughly how much are those tours cost?

#1 panda27 has been a member since 27/12/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/1/2008 at 06:25 admin

1) Last I heard, yes.

2) Out of Pakse some of the more proactive guesthouses, eg Sabaidy 2, offer tuk tuk tours to sights all over the province. Costs are around the $10/day but it greatly depends on what the tour entails.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Antaro on 13/1/2008 at 22:46

1. Yes it is. I did it 3 weeks ago. Make sure to bring Dollars. Otherwise you have to pay in Baht with a very bad Exchangerate (costs you 10 $ extra ...)

2. There are trips from 1-3 Days available easily at the Travelagencys in Pakse. Prices start at 15 $, depending on how many people they get.

#3 Antaro has been a member since 13/1/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.