Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Lao Airlines or Lao Skyway?

Posted by jackiestewart on 1/9/2018 at 10:59

Hi All-
My husband and I will be flying from Luang Prabang to Vientiane mid week in November, immediately before That Luang. I know Lao Airlines is well regarded but I haven't found a great deal of info regarding Lao Skyway. The price differential is enough to consider Lao Skyway if it is reasonably reliable and safe - what do you think?
In case it is relevant, we are experienced older travelers who understand that travel isn't always completely smooth or timely but want to be sure that we do arrive in Vientiane before the holiday. I very much appreciate any input you can provide
Best,
Jackie

#1 jackiestewart has been a member since 13/8/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by JohnSam on 3/9/2018 at 04:57

Hi Jackie,

We did the reverse trip with Lao Airlines last week & found it efficient & comfortable - only 40 mins flight so it's nice & quick. We have used Lao Skyway so can't compare it I'm afraid.

Good luck with your travels!

John&Sam

#2 JohnSam has been a member since 2/9/2018. Posts: 1

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by jackiestewart on 4/9/2018 at 04:18

Thanks John & Sam

#3 jackiestewart has been a member since 13/8/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by SoManyMiles on 5/9/2018 at 15:11 TF writer

Hi jackiestewart,

Though both airlines have been known to cancel flights without notice, Lao Airlines is far more reliable and the planes (ATR) are generally newer than Lao Skyway. They are also easier to deal with and to contact should you need to rebook/cancel, etc. They have English speaking staff, have an easy to use website. I personally would pay more and opt for them unless I had a very flexible travel schedule.

Hope this helps. Happy travels.

#4 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 136

Posted by jackiestewart on 6/9/2018 at 11:35

Very much appreciate your insights SoManyMiles. Given the holiday week, I will go with the more reliable Lao Airlines

#5 jackiestewart has been a member since 13/8/2017. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.