Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Vang Vieng too noisy?

Posted by katisaun on 10/11/2019 at 12:26

I’ve been hearing that Vang Vieng is less attractive these days because of quite a number of a dune buggies on the trails and roads. We’ve almost decided not to go, and I’d like some feedback from people who’ve been there recently. We are looking for quiet enjoyment of nature, not noisy party like atmosphere.

#1 katisaun has been a member since 24/5/2009. Posts: 2

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by telmi on 10/11/2019 at 23:23

I was there 3 months ago and yes the buggy carts are a nuisance both in town and out. They seem to go around in groups but they’re not super loud. The roads out to the Blue Lagoon are all paved now so at least they’re not kicking up a lot of dust on the main trail. For the outer unpaved roads I recommend going out very early in the day as they don’t seem to get organized and going until late morning. These buggy carts aren’t really connected with the party scene which mostly gets going on weekends when Lao youth from Vientiane arrive.

#2 telmi has been a member since 1/1/2013. Posts: 35

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.