Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Cost of tuktuk from Chiang Khong to Friendship Bridge

Posted by katisaun on 29/11/2019 at 19:18

We’re heading from Chiangmai to Chiang Khong in December by Greenbus, staying overnight in Chiang Khong. Need to meet Shompoo Cruise at 8:00 am at Thai Immigration. What should we expect to spend for a tuktuk from Chiang Khong to the bridge, and how long will it take? Thanks!

#1 katisaun has been a member since 24/5/2009. Posts: 2

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by exacto on 30/11/2019 at 00:04

katisaun:
Here is what I found in the Travelfish transport listings for Chiang Khong :
A private tuk tuk to the bridge and immigration will set you back 150 baht although there are also regular shuttle songthaews running back and forth for 50 baht. You can flag these down anywhere along the main street and they arrive and depart from just in front of Thai immigration at the bridge.
Sorry, it didn't say how long it takes, but I imagine your guesthouse will know, and would be happy to book a private tuk tuk for you too. Either way, you'll find additional details on the Travelfish page for Chiang Khong at:
https://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/northern_thailand/chiang_rai/chiang_khong
Sounds like a fun trip. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,789
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by telmi on 2/12/2019 at 00:15

Regular Tuk tuks or songtaews charge a minimum to do the trip plus extra depending on how many passengers there are. To charter the whole vehicle I'd guess the minimum might be about 150 baht for one or two people but extra for 3 or more. The trip should take about 15 minutes once you get going.

#3 telmi has been a member since 1/1/2013. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.