Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang - Travel Agency

Posted by IsaLon on 24/1/2020 at 13:26

Hello All,

I was wondering if you could give me any advice on a good travel agency in Luang Prabang for day trips.
My hotel doesn't organise them directly but have suggested one. Although I would like to get some tips from you as well.
We will be there from the 8th to the 12th of February.

Many thanks!
Isabella

PS: I have tried to search this topic in the forum but without much success, so sorry if it already out there.

#1 IsaLon has been a member since 10/1/2020. Posts: 2

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by exacto on 28/1/2020 at 00:57

Hi Isabella,

It has been awhile since I visited Luang Prabang, but as nobody else has responded yet, I'll give it a go.

I'm afraid I don't have a specific travel agency to recommend, but if your guest house has suggested a travel agency, that might be a good option, as it means there is likely some type of connection between the hotel and the travel agent, giving you some potential benefit.

It used to be there were several travel agencies along the main streets, with signs out front advertising day trips. Most were booking basically the same trips for the same price, but because of the competition, offered some other small thing to get you to book with them. If nothing else, have a wander through town right when you arrive and see if one of the travel agents offers trips to Kuang Si Waterfall or Pak Ou Cave, for example, that fit your style. It was that most offered both morning and afternoon departures. With that, you could fit two days trips into one day, but most folks who did that told me they felt rushed.

Another option is to chat up people at your hotel or at restaurants to see where they went and which travel agent they booked. Those on-the-ground recommendations are the most useful, because they are the most recent and based on actual experience.

I hope you have a great time. I loved LP both times I visited. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,808
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by IsaLon on 28/1/2020 at 08:12

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.
Asking other guests at the hotel might be a good idea.
I

#3 IsaLon has been a member since 10/1/2020. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.