Text page

Laos

Laos forum

Luang Nam Tha -- car, driver, and guide for a day

Posted by kja on 15/2/2020 at 07:30

I plan to visit Luang Nam Tha early this coming May and would like to arrange a car, driver, and English-speaking guide to visit some of the minority villages in the area. Do any of you have recommendations for a specific guide or for a service that will arrange one? If the information is helpful, I currently plan 3 nights at the Thoulasith Guesthouse. Many thanks!

#1 kja has been a member since 25/1/2020. Posts: 6

Posted by kja on 17/2/2020 at 05:33

Anyone?

#2 kja has been a member since 25/1/2020. Posts: 6

Posted by exacto on 18/2/2020 at 02:31

Hi kja,

Sometimes it is best to wait until you arrive to book a guide like this. There is a very good chance that your guesthouse has a regular guide they work with and can arrange something for you. There will also likely be travel agencies in town who will have recommendations and can make arrangements.

Once I arrive in a place, I like to ask other travelers too, to see who they may have hired and get their ideas.

I hope that helps. Have a wonderful trip. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,808

Posted by kja on 18/2/2020 at 02:43

Many thanks, exacto! I appreciate your insights. :)

#4 kja has been a member since 25/1/2020. Posts: 6

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.