Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

10 days to travel Laos

Posted by charlotte88 on 4/2/2008 at 21:49

Hi, everyone I am travelling to thailand for two weeks and Laos for 10 days, maybe slightly more or less in either. this is the kind of itinerary i made based on lonely planet guide 05. Can anyone tell me if i'm missing out anywhere on the way/how long recommended in certain places- thanks!

-Cross border at Chong Mek Bus/train to Pakse.
-Take bus to Tat Lo from south terminal at Pakse.
-Back to Pakse, then down to
-Si Phan don, Either get bus for Don Det and Don Khon 4 hours- 7am, 8:30am, 10am 11.30 a.m.(4 hours) OR Muang Khong (Don Khong, 8am, 10 am (3 hours). -Bikes can be hired.
Bus’s for Pakse £1.50 8am and 8.30am 2-3 hours. Sawngathaew £1.50 3-4 hours. From Muang Kong (Don Khong) Market at 4:30 am and 6.30 am.

(?) Tha Kaek
-Luan Prabang-Vientaine- train down to bangkok (whree i catch my next flight).

Thanks alot!

#1 charlotte88 has been a member since 4/2/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by srsdj on 5/2/2008 at 06:40

Hi Charlotte,

It is a very ambitious itinerary if all your travel is land-based. You might consider flying Pakse to Luang Prabang and road back to Vientiane if time permits. The road trip from LP to Vang Vieng is really special.

#2 srsdj has been a member since 30/10/2007. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.