Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

route and traveltimes, n.laos

Posted by fishtails04 on 8/2/2008 at 17:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

i am trying to plan my itinerary for n. laos and have to be more organised than usual to get to luang prabang by a given date to meet a friend.
i would appreciate any help with the rough journey times for the following route:

into muang khua from dien bien phu in vietnam, i should arrive aroundlunch time i think?

up to phongsali via udomxai - iwould like to take a boat from muang khua up to phongsali, skipping udomxai, but am i right in thinking the river might be too low at this time of year?

phongsali back to udomxai (8 hrs by bus, i think, thanks to advice already posted here)

udomxai to luang nam tha (half a day by bus?)

luang nam tha to the gibbon experience (and where exactly is it?!! i have emailed them for details but no reply)

giibons back to luang nam tha and then down to luang prabang ( someone has just posted about this bit so i will check the boat landing as recommended)any idea how long this boat would take?

thanks a million for any help you can give me,
cheers
fishtails

#1 fishtails04 has been a member since 2/1/2008. Posts: 33

Posted by Lam_merison on 10/2/2008 at 11:03

1. from Muang Dien Bien Phu to Muang Khua u 've to catch a day bus that run 4 bus/week(Muang Khua to Dien Bien Phu)
2. yeab u can catch the boat from Muang Khua to Phongsali but sometime u 've to hire a boat (boat may leav when full)
3.yeab phongsali to UDX spend 8 hr.
4.UDX to LNT there is day and night bus, for day bus it may start at UDX but night bus it run pass UDX and u have to waiting( time schedule may change normally
5.& 6. No information but I used to go to LPB from LNT spent around 8 hr.

Luang Nam Tha bus timetable

#2 Lam_merison has been a member since 29/5/2007. Posts: 14

Posted by Lam_merison on 10/2/2008 at 11:05

and this one maybe good information for u

#3 Lam_merison has been a member since 29/5/2007. Posts: 14

Posted by wanderingcat on 12/2/2008 at 08:19

hi Lam_merison:

could you please drop me an email at y_i_n_g at mailcity dot com? thank you!

fishtails: have answered you on another forum...

regards,

wanderingcat

#4 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by Lam_merison on 13/2/2008 at 22:51

wandercat if u can
drop me at Lam_merison at ya hoo dot com

#5 Lam_merison has been a member since 29/5/2007. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.