Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

weather in the north

Posted by fishtails04 on 11/2/2008 at 17:52

Posted from within Vietnam.

apologies if this is a dim question but i don't have the relevant guidebooks to hand for info.
currently in vietnam and it's bloody cold. heading north where it's even colder. then across the northwest and over the tay trang border to laos...
what weather should i expect? i know things don't miraculously change when you cross a border, in terms of weather, and, having been taken aback by the temperatures here and those due in the northwest, i'm wondering what's in store? would help with my packing!thanks

#1 fishtails04 has been a member since 2/1/2008. Posts: 33

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/2/2008 at 14:27 admin

Still cold sorry to say, should warm up by the time you get closer to Luang Prabang etc -- but Phongsali will be pretty chilly.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.