Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Kuala lumpur to Vientiane or Luang Prabang

Posted by earthian on 11/3/2008 at 03:52

I wonder if some one could suggest a solution to a problem caused by my travel buddy!* We land in KL and were going to skip straight to Vientiane via Air Asia and spend 2 or 3 weeks exploring. However it would appear Air Asia no longer have flights available on the Sunday we wanted to fly (Tuesday being the earliest they have availability).

Does anyone know of anyone else who flies or suggest an alternative route into Laos.

* the problem being she didn't want to fly via Bangkok!

#1 earthian has been a member since 11/3/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by KPTham1 on 12/3/2008 at 00:10

KL/VTE/Luang Prabang is the most direct but if you can't but need to fly , then try KL/Hanoi(Airasia)then Hanoi/Luang Prabang.
You can also try KL/Chiangmai (Airasia )then Chiangmai/Luang Prabang.
Both alternatives cost more.

Pl lookup Loas Airway website and you can get an idea of alternative air routes into LP but the options from KL is limited.

Good luck in your quest to get into LP. You will enjoy it.
It took me more than 1 year when I planned my first visit to LP from KL 2 yrs ago!

#2 KPTham1 has been a member since 26/9/2006. Posts: 52

Posted by earthian on 12/3/2008 at 16:16

Cheers KPTham1! We've decided to fly from KL into Siem reap and then go from there but many thanks for the reply - it's appreciated.

#3 earthian has been a member since 11/3/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.