Text page


Laos forum

Chiang Khong to Huay Xai....visas

Posted by howitsdone on 27/5/2006 at 00:28

I have heard mixed messages about needing a visa ahead of time to make this crossing and get into loas. Do you need a visa prior to entry? Can you get one at the border crossing? Or can you get one in Chiang Mai?

#1 howitsdone has been a member since 23/4/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/5/2006 at 06:22 admin

As far as I know the visa on entry that is granted at the Huay Xai crossing is a 15 day visa only, so you'll need to get a visa in advance if you want to stay in Laos the full 30 days.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,099

Posted by petervienna on 13/6/2006 at 20:00

Sabaydee, visa on arrival - you can ask the officer to issue a 30 day visa, generally, it is possible to get a 30 day visa on arrival, if you will get it, is a different question. But - visa extention is not a problem - you can do it via travel agent from Luang Prabang ( double charge ) and you will get the extention in three days, or in Vientiane for 1 USD per day and you will get it normally imdtly or in some hours. have fun in Lao ! Peter, Vienna, Austria

#3 petervienna has been a member since 13/6/2006. Posts: 15

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.