Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang prabang thai islands

Posted by gijsvanpelt on 10/6/2008 at 17:33

Hello.

leaving for se asia for about 4 weeks in two weeks, and planned a route where Laos and thailand are included.

Plan is first two days bangkok, have been before so keep it short this time. Then fly 2 chiang rai and from there straight to thai lao border.

From there via north laos in abt 4 days to luang prabang. and stay there for 4-5 days.

but also wanna go to koh tao in thailand, and is quite a ride, how about flying????? How much would it cost to get from Luang prabang to BKK or even better Samui or surat thani? It will speed up the trip up a bit more! please help!!

thanx

gijs

#1 gijsvanpelt has been a member since 10/6/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/6/2008 at 18:11 admin

Sorry for the late reply on this.

There's no direct Luang Prabang to Ko Samui flights (or not yet anyway!) so you'll need to go through Bangkok.

Could be worth looking into the Discovery Airpass... because with that you could fly:
Bangkok - Chiang Mai (then overland to Chiang Rai etc)
Luang Prabang - Bangkok
Bangkok - Samui
Samui - Bangkok

There's a story all about the Airpass here

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by gijsvanpelt on 19/6/2008 at 21:07

hello Mr travelfish!

thanx for your reply! haven't left yet, so in time anyway.

I have allready booked BKK chiang rai, and from there by bus to chiang khong.
from there get in probarbly 2 weeks to vientiane.

Was planning flying out of udon thaion, found tickets by air asia for 800B to bkk, and then maybe a bus to chumphon, thouhg I also wanna make a train trip, so this will be the best bet for me. As flying to Samui is quite expensive.... But I think this will be the best option. Or will Luang prabang BKK offer cheap flights, I only found approx 170 US$ flights. reather spend it on diving:):):)!

One more time, this site rox!!

PS You think this plan will be manageble????
G

#3 gijsvanpelt has been a member since 10/6/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/6/2008 at 05:39 admin

Yup that all sounds manageable. The train ride from Bkk to Chumphon is a pretty one.

Glad you like the site!

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.