Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang prabang accomadation

Posted by andyf on 22/7/2008 at 19:01

I have booked a trip to the uk from Australia and fly via Bangkok on the way back to Australia. I have been looking at a sidetrip away from Bangkok due to the fact I have 12 nights to spare. I am looking at staying in Luang prabang for about 6 nights. My questions are is that too long, long enough and has anyone recomendations on where to stay please. I have heard good things about it and just want somewhere to chill after a hectic UK trip to see family.
Andy

#1 andyf has been a member since 22/7/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/7/2008 at 17:10 admin

Hi Andy,

Have you taken a look at our Luang Prabang section? You could always take a look at Luang Prabang and perhaps head up to Nong Kiaow or Muang Ngoi for a few days -- loads of relaxation points around there!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by iballooka on 25/7/2008 at 21:34

Try this...

Bangkok- Udon Thani NOKAIR 2 nights...

Cross to Laos via the Friendship to Vietiane only a short trip 3 nights

Bus to Vang Vieng 3 nights do the Tubing bus is about $10

Bus to Prahbang 3 nights about $10

Early start back to Udon Thani for flight back to Bangkok and overnight stop before onward flight..

A good trip loads to see and do travel light leave your big cases in the hotel in Bangkok..

A good standard of places to stay around $20

I do it often instead of the normal visa run....

Visa on arrival in Laos from $30-$40 if they can get more then they will need 2 passport photos...

#3 iballooka has been a member since 11/6/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.