Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Huai Xai to Muang Sing Via Luang Nam Tha

Posted by thainel on 17/8/2008 at 18:58

Just wondering what the road is like and how long it takes and whats on the way. Thanks

#1 thainel has been a member since 17/8/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/8/2008 at 12:33 admin

Between Huay Xai and Luang Nam Tha is the Gibbon Experience. You can read more about it here.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somsai on 19/8/2008 at 07:57

I'll answer as best I can, but it has been a year and a half since I've been there.

Houay Xai to Luang Namtha is the best road in the country. Built mostly by the Chinese it is banked hard surface with painted lines on both sides. It's the route to China from Thailand.

Besides the gibbon experience there is also a guide service in Vieng Phuka that does treks. I'd suggest taking a look at the Boat Landing web site. http://www.theboatlanding.laopdr.com/ghres.html they have lots of information about the area.

The ride to Luang Namtha takes more than 3 hours on the bus. From Luang Namtha there are a couple / few busses daily over the twisty but hard surface road to Maung Sing, 2 hours.

#3 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568

Posted by thainel on 1/9/2008 at 18:46

Many thanks to Somtum2000 and to Somsai for their reply. Very helpful. Thanks heaps! Thainel

#4 thainel has been a member since 17/8/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.