Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Girly matters in SE Asia.

Posted by wendo on 6/9/2008 at 06:55

message for girls really - sorry boys.

Tampons in Vang Vieng and 4000 islands - very hard to find, so best be prepared and have some with you.

If you like to use self-tanning products to cheat a bit until you build up a real tan. Take these with you as you cannot buy them in Thailand, Cambodia or Laos, as fair skin is highly prized in these countries and there is no market for these products.

There are plenty of places in most beach areas for waxing or threading.

On Sihanoukville beaches you will be bombarded with nail ladies and threading ladies - they can spot stubble (seriously) from a mile away. If you don't want to be harrassed, make sure you are smooth as and freshly manicured etc before you hit the beach!

#1 wendo has been a member since 14/8/2008. Posts: 10

Posted by idreamofdurian on 6/9/2008 at 07:57 TF writer

One of my female-specific 'musts' for travel in SE Asia is the "Keeper" - a reusable menstrual cup. No worries about finding a store that sells tampons and no disposable packaging to add to the trash burden that so many little towns are suffering from as Western tourism increases. I bought mine at the Women's Health Centre at my university but you can also get them online

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.