Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laos in January

Posted by traky on 22/9/2008 at 10:42

i am planning to travel to Laos/Cambodia for 3 or 4 weeks from the 11th january '09. I understand this is high season - but just how busy does it get? Will I be able to rock up to LP or VTE with no accomodation booked and still find a guesthouse? If not how far in advance do i have to book?

If anyone has travelled Laos /Cambodia in January I would appreciate any insights!!

Thanks heaps!

#1 traky has been a member since 22/9/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by BigRoss on 29/9/2008 at 20:30

Hi. I was in Laos in January last year and the year before. I never had any trouble finding a guesthouse. This applied in LP and VTE, as well as smaller, out of the way towns. As in most places, it's just common sense to start looking for a place to stay as soon as you arrive in town, rather than leaving it until 8pm!

#2 BigRoss has been a member since 17/2/2007. Posts: 19

Posted by sadiqraihana on 4/10/2008 at 19:29

dear friend .im living in lp.for past 1 year lp is becoming very busy all over year.lots of thai people and hk tourist are arrived in book your room b4

#3 sadiqraihana has been a member since 4/10/2008. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.