Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

flying to and around Laos

Posted by doharez on 29/10/2008 at 13:52

I'm in the process of booking flights, but am getting price quotes higher than I expected. I was wondering if anyone has booked recently and done better than this:
Bangkok to Luang Prabang $187/Bangkok Air,
LP to Vientiane $79/Lao Air, and
Vientiane to Bangkok $173/Lao & $274/Thai.

#1 doharez has been a member since 25/10/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by debmax on 8/11/2008 at 10:35

Hi I am travelling New Zealand to Bangkok later in Nov and trying to book an ongoing flight Bangkok to Luang Prabang. Here in New Zealand the cheapest price have been quotedis $409 NZD which is $241USD. However I have found a price through for a flight for 6,200 Baht for an E ticket, but I don't know whether or not this is a genuine site - I did follow links from travel fish to get to it. Has anyone heard of this site or bought tickets through them??

#2 debmax has been a member since 6/11/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/11/2008 at 14:47 admin

Take a look at the discovery Airpass offered by Bangkok Airways -- details on the pass are here.

debmax that price strikes me as highish... Fares are cheaper if purchased in Thailand/Laos but obviously there's issues on availability if you leave it too late as the flights do fill up. That link you have is to a wireless company... ahhh I wouldn't buy tickets from them!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jafatravel on 8/11/2008 at 18:45

Doharez, instead of flying Vientiane - Bangkok, you could make the trek from Vientiane to Udon Thani overland and then fly Udon Thani - Bangkok via Air Asia. It would be cheaper but you need to spend a bit of time travelling from Vientiane to Udon Thani .

#4 jafatravel has been a member since 19/10/2008. Posts: 22

Posted by debmax on 9/11/2008 at 10:08

Thanks mahout I will pursue the discovery pass with bangkok Airways.It is much cheaper; which is especially useful when paying adult fares for teenagers!

#5 debmax has been a member since 6/11/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by doharez on 9/11/2008 at 22:48

Thanks for the replies. I've gone ahead and booked the flights I mentioned. Bangkok Air is the cheapest, but you have to pay in Baht, and my credit card has a $50 service charge (I'd call it something else) to convert foreign currencies. The flight from Udon Thani sounds good, but I have limited time, so... By the way, I had little trouble booking through the Lao airlines official sight - another post had lots of entries regarding this. One night nothing went through, but the next day there was no problem.
Thanks again

#6 doharez has been a member since 25/10/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.