Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

That Luong festival and accomodation

Posted by rossville69 on 30/10/2008 at 09:19

Hello all,

I'm arriving in Vientiane on 4 Nov, and from what I gather the That Luong Festival is from 3-9 Nov.

Does anybody know if getting accommodation is likely to be a problem? It isn't mentioned anywhere I've seen, but that would seem logical...

Any suggestions on good budget places where I can reliably book online/over the phone?

Thanks,

Julian

#1 rossville69 has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by wanderingcat on 30/10/2008 at 11:22

think Boun That Luang is from 7-12 Nov, with 12 Nov full moon being the highlight. see this link:
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=98894&p=3&topicID=21610496

don't know about the accommodation situation. anyway Saysouly GH (listed on this site) can be booked online, have done that twice before. only the most expensive of their rooms can be booked through the booking system that goes through some agent, but they have cheaper options that can be reserved by emailing them directly (booking form on their website doesn't seem to work).

#2 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by rossville69 on 30/10/2008 at 22:20

Oh well, that's both good and bad news I guess :/

I was hoping to catch the festival, but it looks like it will be easier to get accomodation!

Thanks for the link and the info :)

#3 rossville69 has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by wanderingcat on 31/10/2008 at 08:41

if you are headed way up north & passing through Luang Namtha at the right time, i think the Tai Lue in Muang Sing (2h ride away) celebrate their own version at the same time (November full moon) at That Xieng Tung (sp.?) stupa. supposedly the biggest event of the year for the town, even the Tai Lue from neighbouring China cross over for it.

#4 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by rossville69 on 31/10/2008 at 21:29

That's an excellent idea! I'll definitely see if I can work that one in, thanks :)

#5 rossville69 has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.