Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Accom in Huay Xai

Posted by crazyhorse on 17/11/2008 at 12:44

Hey, Has anybody stayed in Huay Xai Lately, any tips.Or is it easy to stay in Chiang Khong and still have time yo cross the border and catch the slow boat to LP. Any help. Thankyou

#1 crazyhorse has been a member since 15/11/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by planteroftrees on 25/11/2008 at 07:25

I stayed in Huay Xai after crossing the border (back in 2006). I found the Armind Guesthouse to be friendly and comfortable...but boats don't leave till everyone comes over in the morning, so either way you're set.

#2 planteroftrees has been a member since 19/11/2005. Location: Earth. Posts: 3

Posted by mudgeerambler on 4/12/2008 at 13:53

Just back from Lao . stayed overnight at BAP Guesthouse not too salubrious but it is easy to get the slow boat from here. Run a by an amusing lady who knows which side her bread is buttered . The ticket is dearer than buying at the boat wharf but includes a tuk tuk ride to the boat and a bit of help at the other end if you need it. If you want to get a good seat they will get you there early but be aware you have to wait till the boat fills up .Sit up the front , it can be noisy up the back near the motor. To stay overnight in Pak Beng dont panic as there appeared to me to be plenty of accomodation places and everyone tends to rush .

#3 mudgeerambler has been a member since 11/4/2008. Posts: 10

Posted by scottandcarro01 on 11/12/2008 at 12:12

We stayed at Saybadee Guesthouse (just a week ago) - was clean and cheaper. We looked at BAP - but Saybadee was far cleaner. You can walk to and from the immigration / passenger ferry - don't wast time or money on tuk tuk's etc.

#4 scottandcarro01 has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.