Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang to Hue

Posted by Keren21 on 10/12/2008 at 08:04

We are looking for the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to get from Luang Prabang to Hue. We were not planning on going any futher north in Vietnam as we are short for time.

Ive looked for flights but theyre hard to find and a bit out of our price range!

Is the easiest way a bus back down to Vientiane then across to the Lak Sao border?

Does anyone know how long this would take, or has anyone done it recently? Is the trip really as bad as Ive heard?

Thanks heaps!

#1 Keren21 has been a member since 10/12/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by Giovanna on 10/12/2008 at 13:45

Hi Karen, your question is very interesting for me too.
We would like to make the inverse run: Hue - Lao Bao - Savannakhet then a little stop (2 days) in Tha Khaek and then up to Vientiane and Luang Prabang.
I would like to know too: will the run be difficult?
Thanks to everybody who will answer and give an opinion. :-)
hope I have not post in the wrong discussion (maybe is better to open another one?)

#2 Giovanna has been a member since 7/12/2008. Location: Italy. Posts: 9

Posted by Keren21 on 10/12/2008 at 14:35

yeah, no im sure youve written in the same place!

It just sounds like you have more time on your hands. Id still like to know the quiest, most direct way to do it.
Good luck in your travels!

#3 Keren21 has been a member since 10/12/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.