Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

border crossing Dom Kralor-Voen Kham

Posted by akalawman on 4/1/2009 at 11:07

Hey there I am looking for some information on the border crossing from Cambodia to Laos. I am hoping to go from Stung Treng to Si Phan Don 4000 islands. It does not look like you can attain a Laos visa at this crossing. Can anybody let me know what the best way to do this is. I am hoping to go up to 4000 islands for a few days then return back to Camdodia. Any help is appreciated.

#1 akalawman has been a member since 4/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by chrispyrolls on 4/1/2009 at 16:41

Did you see this feature on here, it may be useful

There is more info here also

#2 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Send chrispyrolls a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by akalawman on 5/1/2009 at 01:06

Thanks so much for the advice. It looks as thought I should plan ahead and get a Laos Visa while I am in Phnom Penh. Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get the in Cambodia. Can you get the Laos Visa in Stung Treng?
Thanks again

#3 akalawman has been a member since 4/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2009 at 07:25 admin

You need to get your Lao visa in Phnom Penh. Same day service is available for a surcharge I believe, otherwise it takes a couple of days.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.