Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

New Years in Luang Prabang vs. Chiang Mai

Posted by Kostichka on 26/2/2009 at 10:32

Hey everyone,
I will be heading to Thailand and Laos in April. I have the flexibility to be either in Chiang Mai or Luang Prabang for New Year festivities. I heard that both are great time but can anyone provide me with more details? how are the celebrations different in each town, etc.

Thanks,

Kostja

#1 Kostichka has been a member since 26/2/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/2/2009 at 18:21 admin

Hi Kostja,
My vote would go for Luang Prabang -- mainly because the holiday goes for longer ;-) but seriously, if you can choose between the two and are looking for a mix of fun and "cultural" activities, then LP is the better bet in my opinion.

We'll actually be publishing a bunch of new Year preparatory stuff in the coming weeks, so check back in a bit for more info.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by basejump on 21/3/2009 at 12:28

somtam2000

just wondering when you will be publishing the " new Year preparatory stuff" you mentioned - getting close now

#3 basejump has been a member since 14/11/2008. Posts: 30

Posted by brucemoon on 26/3/2009 at 07:15

Yep, Somtam, I'd also like to read the material before I head off next Tuesday (eventually) to LP for New Year.

cheers

#4 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.