Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Guesthouse for family of 4

Posted by pia2am on 8/6/2009 at 19:43

Hi all

We are a family of 4, kids aged 5 and 8, travelling to Laos. Spending time in Vientiane, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang around christmas and new year 2009.

Can anyone recommend some nice, family- and budget friendly guesthouses? Around $25

I have read many of the rewievs here on travelfish, but most places only have double rooms.

Thanks in advance.

#1 pia2am has been a member since 22/1/2009. Location: Denmark. Posts: 35

Posted by BruceMoon on 13/6/2009 at 13:24

I wrote about this somewhere else on Travelfish.

Basically, the writers on accommodation here (and elsewhere, for that matter) write for singles and doubles - not families.

That doesn't mean that the accommodation provider doesn't have family options.

So, if you like the look of some offerings, contact them via email and ask what they have to offer / or can do for you.

For example, My wife & I stayed at Zuela GH in Luang Nam Tha (it's not on Travelfish, but is the best Gh in Nam Tha). They offer single beds and double rooms. But they do also have a family room as we stayed in it.

Hope this helps

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by pia2am on 15/6/2009 at 23:05

Thanks a lot. I think I´ll do that.

#3 pia2am has been a member since 22/1/2009. Location: Denmark. Posts: 35

Posted by smartlyndy on 19/6/2009 at 14:34

I stayed with my husband and son at the Chantanhoume Guesthouse in Luang Prabang in 2007. We were there in the wet season and it cost $8 per night for a really nice, clean room with 2 double beds and private bathroom with hot shower. It will cost quite a bit more than that in the high season but should still be within your range.

#4 smartlyndy has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.