Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Lao Airlines & ECCR

Posted by BruceMoon on 30/6/2009 at 10:17

Over the past couple of years, Travelfish observers have pondered whether purchase of Lao Iar tickets is best via the 'official' site (with all the hassles that that entails) or through the (apparently cheaper) agency located in France.

Note that Lao Air are stating on their website that their relationship with the French 'agent' has been terminated:

http://www.laoairlines.com/

It would be a brave person that now booked online through lao-airlines.com.

Cheers

#1 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by Rufus on 30/6/2009 at 13:48

LA had a disclaimer about a year ago that the french guy wasn't paying money owed to the airline.
I wouldn't book on his site anyway as it is blatant misrepresentaion.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by CunningMcFar on 30/6/2009 at 21:25

laos-airlines.com still up and running as of now, will be interesting to see how ECCR characterizes the split. It looks like they have added new info to the "about us" page, outlining the actual relationship they have had with Lao Air as an agent, but no mention of the newly terminated relationship: www.laos-airlines.com/about_us.htm

#3 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by christay2009 on 30/6/2009 at 21:57

I'm trying to book a flight at the moment using Laoairlines.com but the 'book now' button doesn't work!!! or at least nothing happens when i click on it

any ideas?

#4 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414
 Send christay2009 a private message 

Posted by CunningMcFar on 30/6/2009 at 22:43

#4: try using Internet Explorer to access the site; the booking feature does not seem to function with some of the other browsers (FireFox, Safari, etc)

#5 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by nanzhao on 16/2/2010 at 21:10

Not to muddy the waters, but my family and I bought tickets from Siem Reap-Luang Prabang-Vientiane-Kunming (three legs on separate days spread over a 10 day period) through ECCR/lao-airlines.com without incident for a price substantially cheaper than the one quoted to us through Air Lao's official office here in Kunming. So the picture remains unclear to say the least.

#6 nanzhao has been a member since 16/2/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by Rufus on 17/2/2010 at 07:34

nanzhao, there are two pints here.
Firstly the Lao Airline site still states that bookings with ECCR may not be honoured.
Secondly, if your family is willing to deal with an organisation that is not above board and does not pay its bills, then that is fine for you. For some of us there are things more important than money.

#7 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.