Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laos in October

Posted by kirstenc on 30/9/2009 at 04:31

We are traveling through Laos in October and have heard it can be quite wet at this time of year. We are starting in Vientiane, taking a bus to vang vieng & then on to Lang Prabang and maybe some treking. Will the roads be passable or should we change our itinerary & investigate the possibilities of boat travel?

#1 kirstenc has been a member since 9/9/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by somsai on 30/9/2009 at 06:32

All the roads are hard surface so not a problem traveling.

Trekking might be . . . damp. And then again it might not be too rainy at all. Like they say, "some cows got horns, others don't" Boats everywhere are much reduced because of roads and busses.

I like the rainy season, things are green, less crowded, and good fish in the market.

#2 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by Rufus on 30/9/2009 at 07:22

Apart from the tail end of the typhoon today, October is getting closer to the end of the rainy season anyway. As Somsai says, the roads are fine. I am driving up that way myself on Saturday.

#3 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 974
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 30/9/2009 at 12:30

Man, that typhoon is just dumping continual rain... I hate when those thigns come through. I don't mind rain - but ceaseless rain that lasts for days I hate. Last night coming back from Ralph's (playing chess) I got soaked. And the rain was damn cold too. Oh well, the sun don't shine on the same dogs ass every afternoon.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by christay2009 on 30/9/2009 at 15:50

i am in Luang Nam tha now....its good. The weather is great for me, its hot but cloudy and with a breeze. No rain as of yet.

#5 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414
 Send christay2009 a private message 

Posted by kirstenc on 2/10/2009 at 03:43

Thanks all. Sounds like travel will be good. Hope the typhoon didn't hit too hard.

#6 kirstenc has been a member since 9/9/2009. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.