Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

gibbon experience- pay in advance?

Posted by Seba on 7/10/2009 at 00:03

Hey,

I made a reservation for the gibbon experience starting on the 27th of October, but now they're asking me to already pay via paypal. Since I've never read about this and on the other hand have read tons of threads mentioning it's paying cash on arrival, I'm wondering...

#1 Seba has been a member since 28/4/2009. Posts: 54

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/10/2009 at 07:14 admin

Not heard of that before -- they don't mention anything about it on their website. Perhaps they've had problems with noshows and are looking to reduce that.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Lakey on 7/10/2009 at 14:49

I emailed The Gibbon Experience people last week about potential dates in December and on the email they sent back they said this about payment

" A Paypal money request will then be sent to your e-mail address.Follow the link and *pay within 5 days the fare to the Gibbon Experience(180 Euros)* *through* *Paypal* (secure online payment, you just need avalid credit card or a Paypal account) to confirm your booking. Shouldyou fail to proceed to this online payment within 5 days, your bookingwill be cancelled.Please note that to change your trip dates upon availabilities, you haveto give us at least as much notice as possible. In case you were tocancel your trip, please refer to the _reimbursement in case ofcancellation _paragraph at the bottom of this e-mail "

I'd be interested to know how you get on with this as I am looking to book up within the next couple of weeks.

#3 Lakey has been a member since 29/7/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by Seba on 7/10/2009 at 16:04

made the payment and got confirmation. Looks like they want to avoid easy cancellations, seems quite logical in a way to me...

#4 Seba has been a member since 28/4/2009. Posts: 54

Posted by 21days on 8/10/2009 at 04:14

They asked for us to pay ours up front and we have quite scary cause we are paying for 7

#5 21days has been a member since 27/7/2009. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.