Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

ATV/Jeep Rental Pakse

Posted by bass_ke on 8/11/2009 at 21:25

Hi There guys,

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with Quad bike and/or Jeep (little suzuki, Thai Style) rental in Pakse?

My wife and I would love to get ourselves around parts of the south but neither of us have ridden on two wheels a lot.

I've checked out Jules rental in Vientiane but he doesn't have too much available for the dates we'll be around

Cheer's
Nate

#1 bass_ke has been a member since 23/8/2009. Posts: 18
 Send bass_ke a private message   Twitter 

Posted by lwieland on 20/11/2009 at 09:41

I'd also like to know the same or if you can hire a car in Pakse?

#2 lwieland has been a member since 18/3/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/11/2009 at 12:19 admin

Yes you can hire cars in Pakse but they tend to come with driver. I'm not sure about being able to rent one without a driver.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lwieland on 20/11/2009 at 15:05

Thanks for that. DO you have any details? I.e. reasonable prices, where to hire from, are there drivers who are happy to hang around for a few days?

#4 lwieland has been a member since 18/3/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by christay2009 on 29/11/2009 at 01:56

i'm fairly certain two of my friends hired an air conditioned mini-van with driver from Pakse tourism office but i'm not 100% sure it was Pakse. Even so, you would think govt tourism office prices might be roughly similar; they paid $40 a day for travel within that province.

They actually then spent a good deal of time trying to track down and negotiate the use of driver and bus all the way to Vientiane. They eventually ended up paying $60 a day once outside of the province in which they rented the vehicle. Additionally they had to ensure that there was enough petrol for the driver to get back from Vientiane.

Hope that helps abit

#5 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414
 Send christay2009 a private message 

Posted by robmacca on 5/12/2009 at 21:57

We hired a 90cc motor bike in Pakse and drove to Champasak and the Bolaven Plateau. Also hire one on Don Khong. I ride a bicycle regularly but hadn't ridden a motor bike for years. Apart from Pakse town which is a litlle hairy but fine if you ride slow and keep aware it was a breeze. Outside of Pakse the traffic thinned out and we shared the road with other bikes and the odd tourist bus. The freedom the bike gives you is worth the worry. And compared to the rest of Asia, Laos is deserted.

#6 robmacca has been a member since 16/7/2009. Posts: 27

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.