Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

22 Days HCMC to Vientiane

Posted by Nachojon on 9/12/2009 at 06:41

I am planning a 22 day trip in SE Asia. I will be flying into HCMC on Dec. 25th and out of Vientiane, Laos on Jan. 16th. Other than definitely spending the first portion of the trip up to New Years with friends in Vietnam I am pretty open about the rest of the journey which I will be doing solo. I have a rough itinerary, any suggestions/ comments would be much appreciated.

Dec. 25 - Jan. 1 Vietnam

Jan. 1-2 Bus from HCMC to Phnom Penh
-arrange Lao visa
-explore PP

Jan. 5 Phom Penh to Siem Riep by bus.
- Angkor Wat etc.

Jan. 9-10 Siem Riep to 4,000 Islands

Jan. 12 Overnight bus from Paske to Vientiene

Jan. 12-16? Luang Prabang ?

I would like to make it to Luang Prabang but it seems like my itinerary is already a bit rushed. Any suggestions on lengthening/ shortening any sections of my trip to either allow/ rule out Luang Prabang?

Thanks again.

#1 Nachojon has been a member since 9/12/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by MADMAC on 10/12/2009 at 09:41

Both Hanoi and Saigon have nice little Salsa scenes. Beyond that I am afraid I am not much help. I can give you the links if you are interested. A friend of mine, Do Sao Mai, dances in Hanoi and she's both a great dancer and a class act.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 11:05 admin

Looks doable to me -- I'd be inclined to take a day or two off Angkor and all them to your time in Laos -- just so it is spread out a bit more evenly.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.